Agenda Day 1
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration and Coffee
9:00 am - 9:10 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks and Welcome
9:10 am - 9:45 am Business Case for Customer Experience: Competing in an Experience EconomyMartijn Moerbeek - Group Digital Strategy & Innovation Director, Legal and General
- The end of good enough: Is it technology that disrupt industries, or not?
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Why do we often get CX so horribly wrong and what’s on the horizon?
- Show me the money: What are the financial benefits of getting CX right?
- Exponential growth: how to achieve exponential growth through good CX?
Martijn MoerbeekGroup Digital Strategy & Innovation Director
Legal and General
9:45 am - 10:20 am Developing a Design Led CulturePaola Miani - Head of Design Strategy, Digital Customer Experience, Lloyds
- Creating a shared vision and establishing a design led culture: Defining, setting and implementing an effective roadmap
- Overcoming the challenges and hurdles of embedding a design culture
- Exploring different frameworks and toolkits that can connect the design community and create customer empathy across the organization
Paola MianiHead of Design Strategy, Digital Customer Experience
10:20 am - 10:50 am Optimising the Entire CX Journey: Aligning Improvements in CX with CCM for Maximum ImpactAdrian Odds - Director of Strategy & Market Propositions, Communisis
- Recognising the importance of CCM within the CX improvement journey
- How should CCM operations be aligned with CX initiatives?
- Optimising business performance: Driving down costs and improving efficiency while increasing CX impact
Adrian OddsDirector of Strategy & Market Propositions
10:50 am - 11:20 am Morning Coffee and Networking Break
11:20 am - 1:00 pm Panel Discussion: Creating a Customer Centric Culture: Top Down and Bottom UpAdam Ginty - Head of Customer Experience, United Bank UK
Paola Miani - Head of Design Strategy, Digital Customer Experience, Lloyds
James Brindley-Raynes - Global Product Manager Staff Digitisation, HSBC
Bruno Genovese - Director of Customer & Propositions, Virgin Money Digital
Wincie Wong - Digital Propositions Lead Personal & Business Banking, RBS
- What are the key considerations when setting a vision and mission for the CX strategy?
- What are the best ways of communicating the strategy and should it come from the top?
- What are the benefits of empowering front and back facing staff to take ownership of the customer experience and how can you ensure it is put into practice?
- How can you promote and reward a customer centric culture?
- What techniques can you use to ensure the customer is placed at the heart of proposition strategy?
- How can technology support the CX strategy and enhance customer experience? What types of technology are currently driving the best results?
Adam GintyHead of Customer Experience
United Bank UK
Paola MianiHead of Design Strategy, Digital Customer Experience
James Brindley-RaynesGlobal Product Manager Staff Digitisation
Bruno GenoveseDirector of Customer & Propositions
Virgin Money Digital
Wincie WongDigital Propositions Lead Personal & Business Banking
12:00 pm - 12:35 pm Improving Customer Experience by Enhancing Employee Engagement: Happy Staff = Happy CustomersNatalie Soderlund - Service Designer, OP Financial Group
- Improving customer attraction and retention, raising customer satisfaction and improving customer performance by putting employee experience at the core of your business
- Developing metrics to measure employee engagement and determine areas of improvement
- Creating the right culture: Setting and sharing a clear vision, purpose and mission formed around CX values
- Investing in employees: Providing the right digital tools, training and support to ensure they are fully equipped to deliver outstanding service
- Leveraging employees as a source of CX insight to improve products and processes
Natalie SoderlundService Designer
OP Financial Group
12:35 pm - 1:05 pm Automation – Are You Ready?Doug Overton - VP, Consulting & Insight, Praxidia
- Understanding the pitfalls of taking a technology led approach to digital transformation
- Key essential considerations prior to embarking on digital transformation activity
- Identifying solutions that will help prepare organisations effectively for digital transformation and reduce risk of failure
Doug OvertonVP, Consulting & Insight
1:05 pm - 2:05 pm Lunch and Networking Break
2:05 pm - 2:40 pm How Design Can Foster Innovation and Solve Business ProblemsAline Baeck - Head of Design, Capital One
- Introducing design thinking into the business: Demonstrating value to leadership teams
- Establishing a design team: Key factors for success
- Experimenting with methodologies that help you exceed customer’s expectations
Aline BaeckHead of Design
2:40 pm - 3:15 pm Designing a Customer Experience that Drives Business OutcomesJane Cormack - Product Development and Delivery Director, Start Up Loans, British Business Bank
- Aligning people, technology and processes
- Changing mind-sets and behaviours in pursuit of a customer centric company culture
- Creating an engaging end-to-end customer journey that supports business objectives
- Turning the voice of the customer into actionable insights across all touchpoints
Jane CormackProduct Development and Delivery Director
Start Up Loans, British Business Bank
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm QUICK FIRE TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATIONS
This is your opportunity to meet with the vendors in our exhibition area to learn more about the technology and services that are designed to support your projects. These tech demos will last approximately 5 minutes on five cycles with the opportunity to continue your discussion throughout the networking break.
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Afternoon Coffee and Networking Break
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm Mobile Only Banking as a Service: Putting Customer Experience at the Core of the BusinessMatthew Ford - Product and Marketing Director, Tandem Bank
- Overview of Tandem Bank, the digital model and CX strategy: Going beyond just money management and reducing stress within daily lives
- Understanding your customers and identifying opportunities throughout the end-to-end customer journey
- Tandem Bank’s roadmap: Building on strong foundations and expanding into different product categories
Matthew FordProduct and Marketing Director
4:45 pm - 5:25 pm Improving Customer Loyalty and Retention through Experience: Changing Mindsets and Improving Business OutcomesEnrique Gomez Alonso - Chief Customer Officer, Zurich Spain
- Creating a customer experience culture: Gaining buy-in from the board by speaking in the right language, educating and delivering results
- The business case for driving loyalty and retention vs. new business
- Back to basics: The importance of focusing on people and internal process optimization
- Key strategies for building customer loyalty and trust through better experiences
- Keeping abreast of emerging technology that can support the customer strategy
Enrique Gomez AlonsoChief Customer Officer